To our valued customers:
Like you, Swagelok Norway is continuously monitoring developments regarding COVID-19. We share your concerns about its spread and impact across the interconnected global landscape and our region, but we want you to know that our company is prepared to continue to serve you.
During this challenging time, we remain committed to maintaining the flow of products and services and mitigating potential business disruption.
Swagelok Company qualifies as an essential business, as we are a critical component of numerous manufacturing supply chains including utilities, research, defense, and those who provide essential infrastructure.
As of mid-March, we had already taken steps to move the vast majority of our associates out of the office and they are working remotely at full capacity. These steps allow us to maintain inventory levels, continue to build assemblies, and ensure your orders are processed and shipped. At this time, we have not experienced any disruptions to our supply chain, which we continue to monitor to ensure its integrity. We are committed to continuing to provide the level of service you have come to expect from Swagelok Norway.
Beyond our local measures, Swagelok Company has rigorous risk mitigation and supply chain programs that account for some level of unplanned disruption. These plans ensure our ability to continue to service your needs.
You can be assured of the following:
- We have a dedicated task force which meets daily to monitor the situation, update our procedures and make critical decisions.
- All Swagelok plants are currently operational. We will continue to follow local guidelines regarding the opening/closure of our facilities.
- Swagelok manages raw material—inventory and dual sourcing—through a rigorous program that mitigates supply disruptions.
- We are actively monitoring our supply chain and working with suppliers on advance planning should supply become constrained.
- We continue to monitor and manage all inventory levels taking into account current business and economic conditions.
- We are managing our outbound supply chain to ensure early identification of issues and are using alternative modes as necessary.
- Swagelok's corporate supply chain is doing additional assessment and modelling in case the pandemic is prolonged.
These actions are in addition to the precautionary measures already in place to ensure the health and safety of our associates, customers, and community. Since January, we have limited or suspended business travel, increased our corporate hygiene practices, and issued notices on COVID-19 symptoms and prevention to our associates.
We continue to review the recommendations made by Folkehelseinstituttet and World Health Organization (WHO) as the situation changes and make decisions out of an abundance of caution and in accordance with our values.
Thank you for your continued support and trust in our company. We will continue to adjust our plans as the situation evolves and remain committed to collaborating with you—our customers—and our supply chain to meet demand.